My Blog List

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Latina Poetry as Humanitarian Feminism: Women's Rights

REVERSE SUPPRESSION OF MY RIGHTS: Mother Father


Dejeenlo que se olvide de me querer para dejarme
Que me muera con mi pena y mi orgullo
Ser Mujer que escucha a Alicia, a Lila, a Lorna.
Latinas, what are we if not a Revolving Muse
who’ve inspired a War to Change the World
according to Humanitarian Feminism?
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah I’m Comfortable with my
Charms, my Intersectional Analysis, a Ring
or Not on my Finger, a passion for Books,
Books, Books….I love to Read and to Think
and to be Free. If I were Dulcinea to a Fool
like my Don Quixote I was too the Teller
of not One Thousand but Endless Infinitesimally
Intricate Verses….A Machine of Words? Small
Stature of Momentous Forces, a Filigree
as of Lace, built in Black Oil forged and with
Feathers…A Changling am I that Observes
My Mistaken Birth, Dr. Asperger, you Know
My Name: I’m Autism Unveiled. Rhythms
of Life are set to my Specifications: Flower
Powder I inhaled, a GoldenSeal Tea, Sí Mami
me lo tome como Usted me Dijo que lo hiciera.
Ahora espero con Ansias que regresaramos
A Platicar de tu Vida, Mamá y de Mis ancestros.


This Sonnet is a Fictional Work. Any perceived, apparent, or implied relationship to entities or persons is coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment