My Blog List

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Socialized Medicine in La Havana and Sydney when I was on the Road as a Musician's Wife

Musicians who don't usually get Any
insurance have wives and two children
two sweet little boys now very grown up
my older and my younger they speed and
they slow down, they Like the Curves
but Prefer some stability. So there we
were in Sydney Australia and my Niko
got sick sick sick with Asthma so went
to the Hospital at Last in the midnight.
The nebulizer's here, let's come on and
connect it. A transexual nurse who gave
him a treatment. Then when I got to Pay
Up, they charge me twenty dollars. What
is this, only twenty dollars to save my
son's life? Am I not a good mother?
In Cuba a doctor took an American with
asthma and cured her against "the law."








This Sonnet is a Fictional Work. Any perceived, apparent, or implied relationship to entities or persons is coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment