My Blog List

Friday, October 22, 2010

A Sister's Sonnet to My All-Around Genius Big Bro David Evon Morris and Nevarez For his Birthday, September 9, 2010



--I was born where there were no enclosures, Geronimo

So what do I say after all these years?
Do I take the authority that does
not belong to me?  And, are those your tears?
I know they flow easily but those woes
you claimed were not your own, wise brother.
unconquered champion of all sports and games.
You staked your destiny not yet a Mr.
in our grandfather’s trade and maintained
the tradition of Self-Respect.  You named
your children in Father's form. You claimed the Tools,  
a mason tells his troubles to and paved
a way for family.  You broke Bad Rules
with beauty, precision, flawlessness. Much
more OverBrilliance than a Poem can touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment